Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Feeling a little less lonely.



I want to talk about a moment I had Sunday at church.  I've been going to my church for almost three years, and I love it. But I also still feel a little separated from others. I'm a little shy and tend to not introduce myself to others . This often leaves me jetting out of church, or any function pretty quickly. Even more quickly if my little tornado is in tow. He tends to makes me anxious, which isn't his fault. As a parent we are often judged by how our children act.

We're judged by how quiet or loud they are, how well they talk, or don't talk. Or how loud they are while playing. Marshall crosses all these boundaries in many ways. And for that reason I often feel stared at, and judged. So I usually try to make my presence pretty quick.

Well this past Sunday at the end of the service the little ones came down to sing a little song. Marshall was having no part of any song, and only had eyes for the playground outside. So of course emotions were all over the place, and once he has his little head set to something it is pretty impossible to change.

So I grabbed him and secretly hoped that it wouldn't be too long and we could quickly make our exit. While I was sitting there and struggling to keep him in my lap, starting to sweat just a little, this lady sat beside me. And as soon as she sat Marshall went right to her. She showed no signs of judgement, no signs of disdain for my loud "misbehaving" baby. She only displayed love and kindness. Not only to me, but to my baby. To my baby, that so many look at and wonder why he consistently growls, or why such small reprimands send him into an emotional melt down, or who won't eat hardly anything. She showed such compassion to me in a time and a place I feel so lonely.

As a Mom most of my time is spent with children, or at work, I get very little personal time or even time with the Hubs. So often I feel lonely, I feel as though no one ( even though I'm sure there are plenty) understands what we deal with or have to handle with Marsh.

It's so often that we get so consumed with our own lives that we fail to notice others struggles. But this fellow momma got it. She saw another struggle and stepped up to help, and did so willingly and lovingly.

It's important that we remember to look beyond our own worlds and understand the struggles that others go thru. So to this Momma I say, Thank you. Thank you for noticing us, and Thank you for love and kindness. Hopefully we can all learn from you and spread that compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting that "real" job.

In life growing up we're all faced with the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" It's a question I ca...